The Chambers County Historical Commission recently recognized the Elwood A. Wilburn home located on FM 562 near Double Bayou. The home was built in 1915 with lumber that was purchased in New Orleans and brought by boat through Galveston and Trinity Bay, then up Double Bayou to the Wilburn property. The ceiling joists are 4X6 and the walls are made of 1 inch pine. Following the deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Wilburn, the home was purchased by Charlie and Peggy (Wilburn) Henry who now reside there. Peggys father Lloyd was raised in the home. Pictured with the recognition sign are Bob Wheat, Commission Chair; Kay Willcox, Commission Secretary and Charlie Henry.
Historical Commission recognizes Wilburn House
More from News Index - Barbers Hill Dayton PRESSMore posts in News Index - Barbers Hill Dayton PRESS »