The 5th Annual Festival of Hope took place at the Winnie-Stowell Park on March 7th.
Even with the recent hurricane and the problems with the economy, we had a nice turnout.
Horseshoes For Hope was a big success this year. We raised $240 at the horseshoe tournament.
The garage sale raised $535.00 dollars this year. We sold snow cones, homemade jelly, raffle tickets, various items and had a silent auction. The car show and other fund raisers raised $1433. We had 4 vendors this year that each made a contribution to Relay For Life/The American Cancer Society. We raised a total of $2,200.00 for the American Cancer Society via Relay For Life. We would like to thank everyone who helped make this event possible!
Relay for Life
Festival of Hope fundraiser a success
More from Channels - Letters to the EditorMore posts in Channels - Letters to the Editor »
- TO THE EDITOR: We need to change the name to reflect our values and culture
- An Opinion letter to Barbers Hill ISD Board of Trustees
- OPINION, LETTER TO EDITOR: Change Robert E. Lee High School’s name, because the Baytown area deserves better
- U.S. House of Representatives, 36th C.D. race
- Thank you to witnesses of helicopter accident